Tuesday, August 7, 2012

“ No man is greatly jealous who is not in some measure guilty. ”

Benjamin Whichcote

IMG 2737 The sundawn


 Red Flags come up if a person is not on Facebook.  People are becoming suspect of this.  'What are they hiding' is the catch cry and why are they not transparent?

There is evidence to this all around me.  People are scared, people are suspicious, people are addicted, people are just getting to be where the solicitors were ten years ago with their Blacberry type instant communications for information on cases.  Now we are all there and all wanting instant communication and instant photo loading ability and instant contact.  It is addictive because all instant gratification causes addiction. Proof that delayed gratification is very very soul building!

Below is a caption I took from the website of  FORBES
Farhad: I think we’ve mentioned it before that if you are going out with someone and they don’t have a Facebook profile, you should be suspicious.
Emily: Wait a minute. You may have mentioned that.
Farhad: I think I’ve recommended that. You know why, though? Imagine if this guy didn’t have a Facebook profile. That’s why. You should be suspicious of someone who is not making your relationship known publicly on a site like Facebook. I’m going to go on record with that.
Emily: I’m fine with people not having a Facebook page if they don’t want one. However, I think you’re right. If you’re of a certain age and you meet someone who you are about to go to bed with, and that person doesn’t have a Facebook page, you may be getting a false name. It could be some kind of red flag.
Forbes has a good view on this and I will be doing a lot more thinking about this.  I have lost my own son due to Facebook and one of my daughters got the wrong idea about me because of Facebook and then my youngest daughter as well all but does not acknowledge me in there.  Because of the lack of acknowledgement from her, mostly I cry.  This is not how its supposed to be.

Where does this leave me now?  Some days I want to delete my account and I am aware that it never goes away ever, but in desperation I still feel I want to at times.  I also remember I have had the best time because of Facebook.  I have many new and interesting friends, plenty who I have now met in REAL TIME and I wasn't disappointed.  I went to Gigs with people I met on Facebook.  Now I am a co pilot for another girl who is now my friend who I met on Facebook.

What to do then.?  Smile and know that one day it will all probably still be here and that my Grandchildren and great grandchildren  will be able to read Nanny Mezza Peters's poems one day.

Image by Mezza - Sundawn
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buy my images on Redbubble