Monday, August 6, 2012

Armidale / Where there are streets do have names and are named after my family

St Kilda Hotel, Armidale, NSW.St Kilda Hotel, Armidale, NSW. (Photo credit: jemasmith)

Thomas Butler (Samuel & Patience Butler's son)Thomas Butler (Samuel & Patience Butler's son) (Photo credit: Images @ Melonpopzdropz) Armidale is, and always has been special to me. I have wanted to live here forever.  I loved here when I came here a lot when  I was younger and I did live in Tamworth.  Wish I had known what I know now as well.   I would have understood why I loved the place so much and why I could feel my spirit here whenever I am here. 

I want to fully explore this and find my true heritage.  Not the government model played out by the other members of my family.  For a start they are not interested at all in history as they are not interested in LIFE full stop.  Go figure!

Regardless I must live my life for myself and get on with it the best I can.  I will not understand these circumstances .. I cannot as it is inhumane.

For me coming to Armidale was a relief and what a nice surprise to see Taylor  Street and Butler Street and Butler Lane even.  My great great grandfather Mr Samuel Butler of Armidale may have lived in the street I saw yesterday.   He was well known and important here as he was the city's veterinarian.  He saved lives by saving animals lives.

English: Booloominbah mansion, Armidale, Austr...Booloominbah mansion, Armidale, Australia  (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

When I saw the street and the shop I had an extreme case of deja vu.  It was so weird feeling this.  I must find the history of the shop on the corner here in Armidale.

So while we are organizing the Blockade I will organize a look around the History of my  Armidale.  This does excite me.  It excites me to go and fight for our precious Earth.  It excites me that I am not one of the Slaves, and that I can go.
 
Images from my Flickr - Melonpopzdropz Flickr
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buy my images on Redbubble