Saturday, February 4, 2012

You can't sweep other people off their feet, if you can't be swept off your own. - Clarence Day

Montana with her Red Velvet cakes

On the hill today I was blessed to have Montana home to stay for 2 nights and she said that she will come and stay more often.  I need to see her at this time in her life and to give her the female wisdom that she needs in life.  The stuff of being a mum. 

I love my  daughter so much and I really have been so harassed by bad and unspeakable deeds of others.   I am the one in this relationship though that has to learn wisdom.  I need to Pray. 

O God and Heavenly Father,
Grant to us the serenity of mind to accept that which cannot be changed; courage to change that which can be changed, and wisdom to know the one from the other.  
Sometimes it would be good if I just said very little.  I need to just let time take the course that it has chosen.  I am grateful of my daughters company just for today.  Today I had a ball cooking Red Velvet patty cakes with her, I got to let her show me just how clever she really is.  She is a good girl.  Some of the stuff that is happening to her isn't fair to her or to me or to our relationship.

So for today we will accept what we can.  I can say thank you.  No one can take that away from me.
 

Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you'd have preferred to talk.
Doug Larson

Read more: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_wisdom6.html#ixzz1lOAV1lnE

Image by Mezza - Montana's Red Velvet Cup cakes Feb 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buy my images on Redbubble